MADblog is a site that strives to enrich the dialog between artists, institutions, and communities in a reflection of the Museum’s mission to dissolve the barriers within cultural disciplines. This conversation explores and supports the creative practices of artists, designers and cultural producers.
Authors are interdisciplinary museum professionals and select guests from the community. On a (semi) weekly basis, we put forth:
• Studio visits which highlight artists and designers working in new disciplines and emerging practices
• Coverage of design community events, strengthening cultural production in New York City
• Stories of historic creativity, activating the knowledge and humor in the museum’s archives
• In-depth views of works in our collection
• Behind-the-scenes insights into exhibitions, programs and other museum projects
• Presentation of new work or projects that cannot be captured in the exhibition paradigm
• Exploration of tangents or conflicts beyond the walls of 2 Columbus Circle
We welcome your thoughts, anecdotes, memories, opinions, and criticisms. We will never edit your comments, but we may decide to remove anything off-topic or obscene.
Proposals may be sent to the editor via email. Please note that due to high volume, we may not be able to respond to all submissions.
MADlbog is a project of the Education Department at the Museum of Arts and Design.